Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Emerging Technologies Journal Entry 1

        Originally, I enrolled in C&I 489 as an elective to meet my desire to develop as an effective 21st century instructor and explore up and coming technologies that could be used in my classroom.  As I reflect on my original intentions, I can tell that my purpose is going to need to change slightly in order to successfully complete the given tasks that this course requires and, of course, learn. 

      To begin with, a new goal of mine is to become comfortable with the current technologies used within this course.  For example, reading an online version of a text is a new challenge for me.  My first idea when I realized that there were approximately 80 pages of text to read via a PDF file was to print the pages and read it and take notes like I would with a regular textbook.  I decided that I would learn more if I explored some of the tools I was reading about, such as note-taking capabilities and research tools, and read the text as it was intended as an electronic read. 
      
       As far as my feelings toward the course, I am excited to meet both my original and current goals as indicated above.  However, I am nervous and a bit intimidated by all the new technological terms and information that I have been exposed to over the past few weeks.  I did not realize I was such a laggard is so many areas!  From our class discussions about “the cloud”, easily hacking iPhones, terabytes, and server farms I now know I have a lot of research to do in order to meet those goals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment